ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN SERVICE
BSNZ can provide an architectural design service for domestic and commercial clients. All drawings are produced on Autocad and the Revit system which is at the forefront of three dimensional design. This technology allows us to develop floor plans and elevation drawings into photographic perspective views which enables clients to visualize the proposed developments in greater detail
The Revit system is transferable onto our designer’s laptops so we can develop proposed schemes with our clients during the course of site visits. This personal service is available out of normal business hours if required
In recent years we and our partners have provided a design and project management service for the following types of schemes:
- Heritage and Conservation projects
- New build developments
- Domestic extensions
- Basement & roof space conversions
- Refurbishment schemes
- Industrial and commercial building conversions
- Industrial buildings
BSNZ are a multi-disciplined practice with a respected consultancy base offering the combined services of architectural design and structural engineering. This enables us to reduce the cost of design work and produce drawings in a speedy manner, taking into consideration advice on the structural implications provided by our in house consultant CPEng Engineers.
We also have good working relationships with other external consultants including Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical/Electrical Engineers and Planning Consultants. On larger and more complicated schemes, BSNZ has the experience to provide the role of lead consultant. We can co-ordinate a design team including other professional consultants, when their input and expertise is required
The BSNZ architectural design service can be tailored to meet the requirements of our individual clients. Our input can be limited to producing drawings for planning and Building Regulation purposes or we can provide a full project management service. BSNZ also provide a CDM co-ordinator service and can deal with all party wall related issues
BSNZ provide a project management and contract administration service for all types of construction schemes. We work for domestic and commercial clients on a variety of projects with contract values.
The BSNZ service can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of individual clients. Our standard project management input on building projects generally includes the following activities:
1. Production of contract documents in the form of a schedule of work and specifications
2. Obtaining tenders from suitable contractors, analysis of the results and production of a detailed tender report
3. If required, we organise pre contract interviews between the building contractors and the client to assist with the selection process
4. Administration of the contract which includes formal appointment of the contractor, preparation of standard building contracts, management of work variations, cost control, agreement of interim payments and settlement of the final account
5. Site supervision to assist the builder with technical issues and to check the standard of workmanship
6. When required, we can check and certify the work at key stages which is often a requirement of banks and building societies on new build projects. This can be a valuable service ensuring that that claim requests are correctly monitored.
BSNZ maintain a list of competent and approved building contractors which has been developed based on good working relationships. This information enables us to select suitable contractors for inclusion on tender lists based on experience, skills and geographical area. We can also arrange for us to undertake project monitoring of our clients own contractors.
All of the technical staff within BSNZ have received training and are accredited to provide the role of CDM co-ordinator. We have the skills to advise clients on their roles and responsibilities under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations. This service also ensures that the contractor’s procedures for Health and Safety are acceptable and appropriate for the specific project.